Re: [DML] question on pulling an engine, HELP!

Re: [DML] question on pulling an engine, HELP!

Your transmission is "attached" to your engine at the clutch. The input
shaft of the transmission goes through a hole in the pressure plate, and
slides into the clutch (on a spline). When I pulled my engine, I
disconnected the transmission from the car (and engine, obviously) and
moved it forward until the shaft came off out of the clutch. I would
guess this distance is about 2-3 inches. I am not sure if you can slide
the engine far enough rearward in order to clear the transmission with it
still attached to the car...

Jim 1537