DMC-12's worth

 Let me start off by saying that I sacrifice a lot for my Delorean, monetarily that is to say. I can afford her, but because of her I can't afford some other pleasure of life (pleasures other than a DeLorean, you say?)

That said; What is my DeLorean worth? What is the best way to have it appraised? A conventional appraiser would be vastly un-equiped to estimate such a car as a DMC-12... I would think.Now of course this isn't for any legal purposes, I'm just curious about what i might get if a put on the Delorean market as is. If someone(s) could contact me on or off list about it, I'd appreciate it!!!

Ok... my carmid '81, black manual, hood lines and flap, fender antenae. wide black reproduction side stripes, and dark wheels.Things I've done:new clutch, radiator, coolant hoses, thermo-time switch, fuel pump, stainless brake pistons and new brakes all around, brake master cylinder, inner weather strips, DMC floor mats, TankZilla, Just had a paint job to all things not stainless. Recent tune-up and oil change (actually that's this weekend... but still)Gremlins, and other evil-badies:NO outer weather strips, (doesn't leak), crack in dash (side of glove box up to the wideshield), missing storage compartment door (behind driver seat), Driver side lock does not effect passenger side lock (but it does work vice versa), passenger window works but clunks alot.She's as clean as clean can be for a daily driver. the engine does get dusty, but runs fine other than a slightly high idle interior (other then mentioned) is about a 7 (from 1 to 10) exterior and Stainless are a 9.5 (stainless is very very near flawless) underbody is a 8, a daily driver so it's not perfectly clean but i am sure to clean the frame and such every wash. Ok, now assume you've already looked over the car and verified all the above statements to be accurate. (and assume that if 'it' isn't mentioned, then 'it' works/looks just fine)What would you pay for if you were looking for a DeLorean?? (I don't know, maybe a just need a pep talk or something.. but damnit she is just a big ol' black hole for money) I would much appreciate anyone's 2 cents. (or anyone's 5 grand {to dump into the D of course}.Checks can be made payable to...) like i said on or off list is cool!!!!!

-James La Londe
1981 Delorean DMC-12 vin#001697 LicPlate DMC XII1998
Kawasaki Vulcan 8001992
Ford Probe GT--- On Sun 09/08

[Irrelevant quote snipped by moderator]