RE: [DML] Re: Fuel Pump Terminal Corrosion

RE: [DML] Re: Fuel Pump Terminal Corrosion

I discovered a similar problem when I got caught in a heavy rain storm for
the first time. I ended up with a deep pool of water in the passenger
floorpan. Along with having the drain hole be over the fuel pump, the fuel
lines run through the same area. To keep the fuel lines from rattling around
they put in a big chunk of foam to hold them tight inside the body. On my
car, the foam also blocked the drain hole.

To fix this, I wedged half a ZIP drive case between the foam and the drain
hole. A CD case would work, but the ZIP drive case is smaller and less prone
to being deformed by the foam, plus the ZIP case has 3 sides so you can have
just the bottom side open to deflect the water down. Now the water pours
down BEHIND the fuel pump boot.

Ken
Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA VIN #10911 'OUTTIME'
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/montkw/delorean/index.htm
mailto:kenm@xxxx
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com mailto:directory@xxxx