HP Coils and Grounds

Since High Performance Coils and Grounds have been brought up in the
past, I know I'm at risk of this being a "Me Too" post. I just wanted to
share my own "discoveries" during a recent PNDC Tech session (which I
hosted at my home in Kirkland Washington).

I didn't really have any "significant" problems, but sometimes things
didn't always "seem" to be running "perfectly". Occasional rough idle,
occasional minor difficulty starting, wishing I had a bit more power,
etc. I would do a tune-up and things might be a bit better, but still
not "perfect"...

I knew that loose grounds can cause all kinds of problems, so I started
looking for any that I hadn't yet discovered. I discovered two grounding
points in my coil box (the triangular thingy in the front passenger side
of the engine compartment). The one with several thick brown ground
wires was fine. The other one was slightly snug, but I could turn the
lug by hand.

Since I had removed the stock coil to clean up and tighten the loose
ground, I put in a new MSD Blaster 2 Coil (MSD 8202 - $35.99).

Something made an immediately noticeable difference! For a car that
always seemed to run "good", I was surprised by the improvement.
Smoother acceleration, more low-end torque, still having power to spare
at redline, able to accelerate (some :-) in 5th gear!!!!!

WOW! Maybe I'll actually be able to tow that motor home on my IN2TIME
Towing Website :-)
http://www.in2time.com/delorean-gallery.htm#bigjob

I suspect that the coil had a lot more to do with the improvement than
the slightly loose ground, but I don't have free access to a dyno.
Without quantitative results, I'm not sure I want to just "feel" how
much difference there is with the old coil back in.

Sooooooo, If you want your car to "feel" like it has an "extra" 10+
usable HP, try a high performance coil - and check those grounds!!!

Speaking of Grounds... Can anyone provide (or point me to) a
comprehensive list of grounding locations? I've probably run into all
of them, but I really want to re-check them all to make sure.

Gary
www.IN2TIME.com