Re: Lighst Master Switch (was: Re: Re: Headlamp switch feeling the heatw

Re: Lighst Master Switch (was: Re: Re: Headlamp switch feeling the heatwave also)

On 03-08-2002, Martin Gutowski wrote:

> The DeLorean's switch powers a pair of relays (low and high),
> so this would not apply. Each relay _should_ draw a fraction
> of an amp (300mA? I forget) - suggest replacing the relays before
> trying a new new switch :-)

I'm sorry, but you're wrong here; the positionlights in front,
taillights and the side marker lights and dashlights are all powered
straight through the switch. Total power consuption should be about
40 Watt, so draw somewhere around 3,5 Amp.
Not THAT much, but enough to melt something if the resistance is
"right" and that is what happens on our cars. When I had this I made
soem modifications to my wiring to have my new LMS only power up
several relays. This mod can be found on DMCnews.com in the Tech Library.
While I was in there I also mad a mod to make the headlamps go off
when you switch off the ignition, like on most modern cars.

Again, have a look at:
<http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/lightrelays.html>

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw