Re: [DML] NO START ... update.. still need help! :)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jwit6@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 8/1/02 4:32:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> delorean@xxxx writes:
>
> << As well.. it seems to be running real rich . as the exhause pipes from
> the engine to the cat are getting RED HOT!! Glowing!
> >>
> Doesn't high ex temps indicate a lean condition?

Lean mixtures do run hotter, yes. But a catalytic converter that is glowing hot
is a sign of an over rich condition. Breaking down hydrocarbons also creates
a by-product of heat. That heat can travel up the pipes, and can even be
carried away by the gasses passing thru the cat. This can also cause the
muffler to glow too in the center.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"