Re: Fire damaged panel refurbishing

Erik,

I have had some experience with refurbishing burned SS panels.
The most important issues are how hot did the fire get, what is the
'color' of the discoloration and how much is the panel warped?
Fenders are the easiest to refurbish, then the T-panel, then the doors
and last the hood (primarily because it is such a large, flat area).
The key to either a burn refinish or a dent repair and refinish is
blending the refinished areas into the rest of the panel.
Like SS panel dent repairs, this takes time and patience.

The process I used does get very involved, based on panel condition,
but feel free to email me off-list for the details.

Later,
Rich W.