Re: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!

Re: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!

Since you said the engine was running OK before you did all this work
then the assumption is the present trouble was caused by something you
just did. You must go over all of the things you touched and anything
that you could have knocked loose. Pay particular attention to any
vacuum leaks. Recheck all fuel and vacuum hose routing. Make sure all
of the spark plug wires are installed correctly. It is possible you
stretched an ignition wire and now that cylinder is "missing".
When first started the engine runs on the cold start valve so as soon
as it is shut down the engine leans out and dies. This sounds like
either a massive vacuum leak or the mixture screw is WAY off.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757