Re: Flooded D

On 15-07-2002, Willie Mack wrote:

> My D was sitting outside all weekend,
> and it has been raining all weekend.
[snip]
> I just put new door seals on the doors.
> Where could the car be leaking from?

If you changed your seals, maybe you pushed them onto the ridges
of the body too far? I had this on my first attempt.
The correct way for me was to JUST seat them so they would stay
on by themselvesand then properly seat them by closing the door.

Unfortunately the seals I used (non-original) were of a SLIGHTLY
different geometry, but different enough to have worn through on
5 spots on my LH door alone in little over a year and a half.

Even worse: I have allready bought original seals allready,
but have had them lying around for about nine months allready
by lack of time. And since they don't leak yet, I'm leaving them
on untill I fix some things that are more important.
Like my RPM-relay not powering up properly anymore...

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000