RE: [DML] rear fascia broken bolts

I had this happen to me too, but only one on the rear broke.. Many more onthe front broke in my case.

For mine, I stole an idea from Dan (of Porsche seat fame) and made some replacements out of stainless steel. The hard part was cutting the old ones out of the plastic and getting the new ones in..

As it turns out, the front (which was the real problem) does not need the blind clips. You can drill the studs out and replace them with bolts and they will not be seen from the outside of the car. I realized this after cutting the plastic to remove the old stud and plate assembly, so I replaced the rusted plate with stainless anyway. Stainless bolts were also used, with a dab of never seize.

The rear may be a little different because I think you will see the bolt heads if you do the drill method. Because only one stud was broken in my case, I left it alone. I suggest you try to remake the stud/plate part and replace it as I explain, if it does not work you always have the option to goback and drill/bolt it. Try to find black stainless bolts, I think they will look best.