Re: [DML] Flooded D

Willie,

I have had water get in my DeLorean from several places.

Since you just replaced your door seal, it is possible that the headliner
fabric is wicking up water from the outside and bringing it inside. I had
that after installing a new headliner AND knowing to watch for this problem.

I've had water enter through one of the screws in the roof (fiberglass
underbody between the door opening and the windshield.) I gooped it up with
black silicone. This screw is rusted so bad that its only real purpose now
is to help plug the hole. Someday I'll replace all of them with rivets or
SS screws & nuts. Water from this hole would travel in the headliner and
drip out through the front courtesy light. I since replaced the headliner
and courtesy light.

I still have water getting in between the windshield glass and the
fiberglass underbody right over the steering wheel. Sometimes it rains and
water gets in, but usually it doesn't. I suppose it depends on how I park.

Check for wet spots in your courtesy light and damp areas in the center
headliner. Also consider that it could have leaked in from the
dash/firewall area. You might need to put some silicone under the screws
for the a/c intake grill and the stops for the hood.

Let us know what you find.

Walt