Melted fuses and charred wires

OK, I got a D 3 weeks ago and it's awesome.. Runs and drives well,
but low beams do not work among other things(high beams work). I
changed out all fuses except top middle (it is melted in place and I
can't get out....yet). Anyone have any ideas as to what my 1st step
should be? Like what I should replace or not to begin with. There
seems to be other wires in the area charred as well.. I am a newbie so
any help is greatly appreciated. You guys seem to stick together
pretty well.. It's nice to see.. Post and/or reply to
JONAS19992000@xxxx////thanks