Re: [DML] bad jokes we get... :)

I second what John Dore has just said,

I have added more than 3000 miles to the 5880 that were on my October 1981
since I bought it in February.

Apart from clutch master cylinder packing up the car has been 100% reliable
and have had all the usual comments.

The best attention as stated is at petrol stations, this one time I pulled
up released the door and as it raised I heard this rapturous applause. I
got out to find around 20 school kids on their lunch break loitering near
the shops adjacent to the garage forecourt. I went to pay for the petrol
(sorry, gas as you call it across the pond) and was bombarded with questions
when I was walking back to the car. A Porsche 996 was parked up aswell and
the owners face as his car was being totally over shadowed was an absolute
picture.

I really like owning a DeLorean, each trip is a mini adventure.

I went one night for a one mile drive down to my office to pick something
up. It was around 11pm and as I pulled out on to the main road a set of
headlights shot up rather close behind me. I looked up to see a Police
Astra following with interest. I am thinking... you are going to pull me
over aren't you.... for the next minute or so I kept checking and sure
enough the blue haze hit the mirror. I pulled over to find that the cop
reckoned I was swerving, noticed the lack of alcohol on my breath asked some
questions about how many were built? Is that aluminium? Do they still make
them??

I was on my way again soon enough.

Has been fun, looking forward to Super Car Sunday it can only get better!!!

Regards

Chris Hawes
vin 5255
nearly on 9k miles

p.s. A newly registered imported DeLorean is hoping to be ready in time and
a twin-turbo DeLorean is taking its first test runs as you are reading this?
The overall count for this UK event should exceed 20+ cars....