Re: Question #3 (NKOB #5939)

As a "newbie" you will find it a lot easier to buy your parts from a
Delorean vender. You can be sure that the parts you get will fit
without modifacation. You also have the years of experience available
to you at the cost of a phone call. It is hard enough to work on a "D"
when you aren't familiar with it but then to get a part that fits but
won't work correctly and you don't know any better only causes
frustration. Many crossover parts aren't exactly correct and when you
talk to a Delorean vender they may tell you you are replacing the
wrong part to fix the problem! The may try to sell you more than you
think you need but believe me when they tell you you need something
YOU NEED IT! Your initial order should also include an oil filter, air
filter, fuel filter, Workshop manual and Parts manual, and whatever
else you can afford. Go over the relays and circuit breakers, fix all
leaks, and bulletproof the cooling system. IMHO you should make it
reliable before you go for the cosmetics. If it won't run it doesn't
matter if it looks good! I hope your A/C conversion works out but past
experience shows that there will be future problems. When changing the
accumulater DON'T BEND OR KINK THE FUEL LINES!!!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757