RE: [DML] Question #3 (NKOB #5939)

I believe that PJ Gradys has a one piece exhaust manifold gasket with new
fasteners available. www.pjgrady.com

You might be opening a can of worms when you change the gasket, I would wait
until I had the car in a garage so you can close the door and walk away
frustrated ;>)

There has been much discussion recently about changing the manifold gaskets,
lots of broken studs and frustration. The studs freeze into the heads and
end up broken. Lots of liquid wrench, well placed heat from a torch,
several well placed taps with a hammer and perhaps a stud remover.

I found my stud remover at NAPA, about $30 and well worth it.

The stud remover attaches to you socket wrench and grips the stud with a
cam.

Make sure that you use plenty of Never-Seize or other type of anti-seize
compound.

Good Luck

Scott Mueller
002981