Searching Archives

I don't want to start a thread on searching the archives,
but I just HAVE to point out that the Yahoo!-groups search
utility DOES work. It doesn't work as intuitively as you'd
want, but it IS really helpfull...

As someone mentioned allready it only searches the most
recent messages, but it does so to save time and come
up with a result as fast as possible.

Look at the line ABOVE the list of results; it shows which
range of messages was searched. If you want to look further,
just click "NEXT" and the next batch of messages is searched.

If you click "NEXT" all the way through, you will end up at
the very beginning of the list, 4/9/1999 at that time this
was still an eGroup, but a while back Yahoo! took over...
As I am writing this there are 26679 messages on-line,
by the time everyone can read this, it'll be even more...

Searching on dmcnews.com is faster, but those are digests,
on Yahoo!groups the actual threads are much easier to follow.

To cut a long story short; it DOES work.
And please, let's not clutter the list with commenst
on how it SHOULD work, let's talk cars instead...

Thanks,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000