Re: help! door jamming...

Park the car on level ground. Open the door. Slowly close the door and
watch the front and rear pins as they enter the guides and lock. As
the door swings down and inward the pins should be centered in the
guides and enter the lock without hitting the sides. This is difficult
to see without a flashlight.If you can feel the door hit the pins
before it latches then you need to adjust the pins. To adjust loosen
the pins (one at a time) and move it JUST A LITLE BIT. Make small
adjustments till you get it right then do the other pin. Go back and
forth doing each pin on 1 door till you get it as good as you can. If
you find you can't adjust it enough in 1 direction you will have to
remove some fiberglass to get more room to adjust the pin. Make sure
you get them tight as if they loosen it could jam the door. Sometimes
you need to put a washer under a pin to get it to line up better into
the lock without catching on the head of the pin. The two main things
are to PARK ON LEVEL GROUND and MAKE LITTLE ADJUSTMENTS. The locks
have two locking positions, if the front lock only hits on the first
position and the rear on the second the door will jam which is why it
is important for the two locks to lock together. When a pin is out of
alignment 1 lock is in the first position and the other is in the
second. This is made worse when not on level ground. Lockzilla cannot
help, this must be corrected before Lockzilla will work correctly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757