help! door jamming...

Hi guys,
My passenger door is giving a bit of trouble, I hope someone can help
me! It closes fine but often closes with a loud clunk, as if it is
not hitting the striker pins dead on. Anyway, it will easily open
again whenever needed. The problem arises when it is locked, either
manually from the inside, or with the key from the outside. Once it
is locked, it can be immediately unlocked again in the same manner,
no problem. The trouble is when the car is left locked on a hill (my
driveway is uphill) for a period of time, or after driving around a
few bends, and you try to unlock it again, it will be stuck!
Sometimes taking another fast bend either to the left or the right
will free it up again, other times the passenger has to bang on the
top of the inside of the windowsill, and it will free back up again
after a minute.
It seems to me that the door is not closing correctly on both
latches, and then when any force is put on it while locked (eg being
left on a hill or going around a bend) it moves slightly, and it gets
jammed.

In case it matters, my car is a september 1981, with the old style
locks. It has Lockzilla and lockzilla remote, but I have disconnected
these until I can get the locks to work manually first.

The roofline of my door (when closed) seems to be a bit high at the
windscreen edge (there is a small gap visible), and a bit low at the
other end, by the t-panel.

I will be opening the door up some night this week to install my
upgraded window motor, is there anything I should look for when I
have the guts of the door open then?

Any advice is very much appreciated!
Thanks,
John Dore, Boston, MA.