Re: [DML] Delorean # 502....at a steal of a price

Re: [DML] Delorean # 502....at a steal of a price

Actually, it isn't truly a "factory" turbo. DMC had farmed this out to a
sub-contractor: Legend Industries. There were supposed to have been two
prototypes with twin turbos and intercooled. Nice setup. DMC just sent them
a couple of the first cars off the line to work with. So the factory never
did anything with the turbos. It was all done at Legend.

I heard once that Legend went under when DMC went bankrupt. Supposedly too
much invested in the project and they never got paid by DMC. This part is
just hearsay, so if anyone knows differently I'll be glad to find out. :)

There is a picture of the Legend setup in Stainless Steel Illusion. I'll
scan it and post it on the Mid-State DeLorean Club site today. Look in the
Gallery section.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 05:06 PM 5/15/02 -0500, you wrote:
>it is the only factory twin turbo. it was a prototype that never made it
into production.

>mark
>
>sugapp20@xxxx wrote:
>
>> I'm not trying to sound dumb but, I am still learning all about
Deloreans and I don't know why #502 is so special. Will some one tell me?
Thanks.