Fan Fail Light Without Actual Fan Fail

I know I could probably just go with one of the fan fail fixes out there but
I'd like to understand a little more about what's actually happening.
Originally I had a fan fail indication when the spade connectors on the two
circuit breakers would heat up and sometimes trip the breaker. Those
connections are now fixed for good. No appreciable heat build up, resistance,
or current draw.

I have good fans which run quietly and reliably, and also installed a 100 amp
alternator. At idle with the air on and the fans running I get no fan fail
light except of course when they initially trip on and cycle with the
compressor. Dash volt meter at idle, with air on and both fans running shows
about 12.5 volts. But when I go above idle, I've got about 13.5 volts
available, and as soon as the voltage goes up I get a fan fail light, while
both fans continue to happily chug along. Is the fan fail module too
sensitive to the extra current available above idle at 13.5 volts?

What do the commercial fan fixes do to fix this?

Jim 6147