Re: [DML] Exhaust manifolds removal?

>From what i was told by my metal working guy that has helped me with
the car, you do not want to use stainless steel studs, bolts, etc
with aulmnium. When the two are combined a chemical reaction takes
place, and the block with start to oxidize very quickly, fusing the
stud, bolt etc in the block. This is why I believe Grady uses
standard bolts that have been plated instead of SS ones for the
engine. I do heavly agree with the anti sieze ;)

- Shain
#10140

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Mike Griese" <mike.griese@xxxx> wrote:
> Stian
>
> There really isn't a fix for this problem. About the best you can
> do is to periodically soak the studs with a penetrating oil like
> Kroil, WD-40, or Liquid Wrench.

[duplicate quote snipped by moderator]