rim upgrades

It's good to see that DMC Texas sees the good in making upgrades in
performance and durability as well as saftey. This should make John
Z. proud to see his car get improvements with the times. My question
leans towards preformance. I have seen people use 15/16 inch and
even 16/17 inch rims on their delorean. Can tires be used to keep
the original geometry of the overall circumferance? This would
result in a smaller side wall and I want to know if this actually
improves overall handling of the car. If this does impove the
overall handling, has there been or will there ever be rims of the
original design made in these sizes? It would seem like the next
logical step. I truely believe that the original rim design looks
best and no other aftermarket look comes close to looking better.
Have these or will these ever been created, or am I just living in a
dream world?

-Mike