Re: Details of Pre?production car on ebay?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxx> wrote:
> Claude and List,
>
> The pre-production car on ebay is just that, "pre-production".
> This does not imply that it was a prototype, just pre-production.
> A lot of the post about this topic are based on speculation. Why
> speculate when you can get answers from the source. Just call Jim.
>
> Bottom line, if you dispute what Jim claims to be the truth about
his car, why not just give him a call. Jim was very forthcoming about
all the custom work that has been done, not claiming it was otherwise.
If you just want to know more about it or clarify some details, I'm
sure he would be more than happy to talk with you about it. I believe
that a phone call to him is much more worth while than just speculation.

Rich,

I have no problem with someone claiming that their Delorean(or any
car for that matter) is so and so,WHAT I DO have a problem with is
when someone is SELLING their car and they are claiming that their
car is a so and so car,WITH NO documented proof,just their word,when
it comes to money,People will say whatever you want to hear to make a
sale.Do not get me wrong,he might be 100% right on his claims,and
might be the most honest person around,BUT without Documented
proof,it is just outright B/S and possible fraud on his part,I did
my homework on my car(vin000570)and found out it's (recorded)
previous DMC history,plus I have *real* vin plates.Basically any
bidders on that car on Ebay,are depending on the sellers honesty,and
may be up for a expensive disapointment.This may be a case where a
previous DMC worker (or Owner/ seller)got a hold of some P.Production
parts,puts them on the car,and when the person sold the car informed
the buyer,that it had rare parts on it,then person # two sells the
car and forgets to tell buyer # three,about the rare add on
parts,then buyer # three goes to sell the car,and swears up and
down,that it is a genuine P.Prouduction car,because it *has*
P.Production parts on it,even thou,he has no documented proof of that
fact.----BOTTOM LINE-- Buyer beware--Do your own investagation before
you plunk down your hard earned cash,and DO NOT EVER EVER EVER,go by
what someone says,ASK for Documented proof,of what they are
claiming,otherwise--pass on it.

P.S.

Also I did email the seller to get more info,he has never gotten back
to me!

Claude
000570