Delorean New Jersey Spring Social

Hello Everyone...Seeing that I was the recipient of so much of the help
offered this past weekend it's about time I said thank you. With three
kiddies, finishing school and a full time job it's hard to find time to
attend events like this past weekend but I must admit it was well worth it.

I brought along my human Delorean breakdown Insurance policy, Mike Pack, to
introduce me to the group and make sure all went well. I will tell anyone
that will listen that if your Delorean broke down on the side of the road and
all Mike Pack had with him was chewing gum, a yo-yo, a 9-iron, a Cal Ripken
Jr. rookie card and some duct tape he would find a way to get your car
running and get you home safe and sound...and all you need for payment would
be a thank you.

Sitting in the parking lot and seeing all the enthusiasm was amazing. I have
seen dozens of Delorean photos but until you're car is in one it is not the
same. I am still learning the names of everyone but I must first thank Rob
Grady. I have gone 4 months with a turn signals that would not turn off by
itself. It took Rob all of 2 minutes to fix it....He also gave me a thorough
evaluation of my car which I now look forward to getting fixed....now I just
need to sneak my car onto his lot and get on his to do list.

Special thanks also to Debby for letting me ask a million questions and get
as many parts as my wife will allow...My suggestion to Rob and Debby still
stands...If you could find a way to have different merchant names appear on
our credit card statements for our purchases your parts business would triple
:-) possible names to use...Toys R Us, United Way or Victoria's Secret...

Also thanks to Jim Reeves in Minnesota. Seeing my car disassembled before
you're eyes is almost like watching an autopsy. But my car was in good hands
and with all his little tweaks my car is quieter on the inside and my
passenger door opens with a touch of the finger.....My offer still stands
room and board and sightseeing in MD in exchange for repair work on the
car....

To everyone else...thanks for all your generosity and kind words. It is a
little scary bringing you're new Delorean to you're first event because you
have no idea what to expect...kind of like the first day of school...

With everyone's help I had a great time. I noticed that Mike Pack was having
too much fun and looked bored so I quickly unhooked all my fuel lines just so
everyone could see first hand how competent and dependable he really is.

Can't wait until the fall event down here in MD...There are some beautiful
historic towns that will provide a stunning backdrop for our cars....

Hope to talk with everyone from the Mid Atlantic group on the list over the
next few months...One final lesson is always, always, always carry a fire
extinguisher. I have had one in the car for 5 months but for some reason did
not have it with me.....how about someone making stainless steel fire ext. to
match our cars :-)

Mike Cohee