Re: heater

In dmcnews, Marvin wrote:
[snip]
> The problem is the heater.
[snip]
> does not "click" going into hotest heat setting.
> However, no heat is coming out of the floor vents
> or console or defroster vents.
[snip]
> If there was poor circulation of antifreeze through
> the cooling lines, wouldn't the engine overheat?
> Antifreeze looks fresh and clean. Any thoughts?

First of all congratulations on buying a DeLorean again.
As to your question;
most people don't realise that there are in fact two
separate streams of coolant:
- One controlled by the thermostat, going through the
engine and then to the radiator up front that provides
engine cooling.
- The other is always circulating EXCEPT when you have
the Mode Switch set to Max. in that case a vacuum is
supplied to the special valve by the engine that cuts
the coolant flow through the heater core.

If your mode switch is connected wrong or if this valve is
broken you won't get any hot coolant to the heater core
so there is no way to heat up the car...

Another possibility is that the cable connecting to the
TEMP-knob has broken or come loose and the temp-flap
in the AC-ducting is stuck in the cold-position.
Try to listen for the flap's movement whan you're turning
the knob without anything else on, if you can't hear it
moving that's probably your problem.

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...