Re: WHAT IF.... [DML] Re: HOT START HELL -- Nothing Works!

Re: WHAT IF.... [DML] Re: HOT START HELL -- Nothing Works!

In a message dated 4/8/02 10:45:22 PM Central Daylight Time, dherv10@xxxx
writes:

> Jason, My car has sat for sometimes a month and still start right up. Does
> anyone know how long the pressure can stay on the syste. I don't. Call if
> you
> need any help with the adjustment.

John,

when my car was having running problems last year (which i have since
completely rectified, thank god), i found that the system held measurable
pressure on the order of a few hours. in the shop manual section D:02:01 you
can see that the system must hold 3.3 bar immediately after engine shut down
once the pump stops. this is assuming that you had adequate running fuel
pressure. after 10 minutes, the system should be holding at least 1.7 bar.
i am postive that if you drove your car home one evening, there would be very
little if any pressure the next morning.

the cold start valve, as someone else stated, is supposed to enrichen the
mixture when the engine is cold. this makes sense because by the time the
engine is cold, there is no more fuel pressure in the lines. and if there
is, it is a negligable amount because obviously it doesn't make starting
difficult with pressure AND a cold start burst.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102