Re: Rear Window Defroster. (was: [DML] random comment)

Re: Rear Window Defroster. (was: [DML] random comment)

A heated rear window was designed into the car prior to the addition of the
rear louver. The louver created a large closed area surrounding the rear
window that allows sufficient heating of the rear window from engine heating
to drastically reduce the possibility of icing.

In over 260k miles of driving my D I don't believe I used the rear defogger
more than a handful of times. Even during winter in the northern states.

As Rober said: "If the engine is warm, and you have to drive through flood
water, the engine compartment will instantly steam up. So then the Rear
Defroster will definitely come in handy!"

Those are probably the conditions I experienced the handful of times I
needed the rear defogger.

This is
Regards,
DMC Joe/Help Club dmchelp@xxxx