From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, April 05, 2002 8:41:31 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Fan Blower Only #4 works

David,

You said:
"In general I disapprove of just replacing parts blindly."

I assume you may be referring to my straight forward analysis that the
problem was due to a defective fan speed resistor. My response is based on
both knowledge of the circuit and experience with servicing a specific
problem. In 16 years of servicing DeLorean electrical systems all instances
of fan motors working on speed # 4 only, is a result of a defective #3
resistor or broken connection in the resistor set. Whenever I suggest a
single component as the cause of a problem I am quite certain my prognosis
is correct.

Yes; you are absolutely correct when you say: "You really have to do a
little troubleshooting to try to narrow down the source of the problem."
That's OK for people like you, me and our electrically knowledgeable
counterparts, unfortunately many list members have little experience in
electrical trouble shooting. Suggesting to jump a relay with a paper clip is
far beyond what most owners fell comfortable attempting.

My suggestions take into account that many owner's don't mind spending a few
dollars if they can correct a problem safely with a minimum of effort.

Regards,
DMC Joe/Help Club dmchelp@xxxx
Information & Store http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv