Re: interior lights problem

Hello everyone,
Both of the interior lights should go on when you open the
doors. However, you have to set them to go on. The light is a three
position switch. When it is flat or level it is off. Flip the light
one way and it goes on and stays on till you flip it back. If you
flip it the other way from flat, it will go on when you open the
doors. Try this to see if it will work. If it still doesn't work, it
seems that there is an electrical problem.
Also, when the lights work with the door switches, if you get in
or out and close the door quickly, the lights are supposed to stay on
for awhile. This is controlled by the white module in the relay
compartment. Sometimes the capacitor in the module needs to be
changed to get it to work. I had to do that to mine. By the way, if
you keep the doors open for a period of time and then close them, the
lights will probable not stay on. I have heard some owners say that
they feel that the white module helps to drain the battery.
Good luck,
Gary Masie
--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm having issues with my interior lights. when i first bought the
car, the
> lights didn't work correctly and the rear light was broken. i
bought the new