Foomp and Thunk. Good noises.

Got your attention, didn't I?

I want to share some new knowledge on trunk lid adjustment and I am
looking for words of wisdom on door adjustment.

Thunk:
My trunk lid on my recently purchased #3302 didn't thunk or otherwise
pop-up the deck lid when the handle was pulled. Turns out that the
catch adjustment was as far adjusted as it could go, but that was
still not far enough. In my case, I had to remove the stationary
side of the hood latch and slightly elongate the bolt holes in the
base and the mechanism, so that the hood when closed would sit a
little lower. Now with a pull of the handle, the hood "thunks" up
just a bit. A little tug upwards on the hood and it gloriously
glides up. (new strut from Pep Boys.)

Foomp:
My passenger door, when closed from the outside with pressure from
the heel of my hand in the middle of the door, just above the rud-
strip "foomps" closed without interference from the door catch pins.

The driver's door requires considerably more effort to overcome the
last-nanosecond rub of the pins on the aluminum door guides. maybe
the door has gotten a bit askew over the past 21 years? I haven't got
any definitive recommendations for adjusting the door guide, pin,
etc., to make this door "foomp."

I want Factory Fresh FOOMP.

Anybody care to share their procedures?

Thanks, in advance,