Re: [DML] lowered front end and jacking?

Re: [DML] lowered front end and jacking?

In a message dated 3/12/02 1:37:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rob_hook@xxxx writes:

<< If I'm not mistaken several people have complained of tow hooks breaking
off. Does that answer the question? >>

I knew there would be a reply to this. So to clarify and do some of the
common sense reasoning we all must be capable of to sucessfully work on these
cars here goes. Don't support it by the tow hooks! But rather on the frame
area directly behind the hooks themselves, to which the hooks are attached.
This is major structural frame area easily capable of supporting the weight
of the car when two jack stands are used. Oh yeah , put one jack stand on the
left and one on the right. :-) Also if the frame area supporting the tow
hooks is so badly rusted that supporting the car is questionable, or that the
tow hooks could break off, then you probably shouldn't be driving it either.