Water pump woes

Hi All

#2727's water pump is knackered. It currently looks like a bomb's gone off inside the
engine bay (you all know the score). However, our garage confidently ordered a
replacement pump and it arrived that afternoon from a Volvo parts place, and we got
Darryl's machined pulley to fit to it. One problem

The end casing didn't fit

Here's a photo of the two pumps side-by-side. You can see the difference.

http://www.cix.co.uk/~mgutkowski/DCP02412.JPG

So me being the resourceful type, I rang around a few places I found on the Volvo Owners
Club website and soon got an end casing to fit the new pump. One problem

It's the wrong way round

The outlet of the pump is the other side to the DeLorean's! Why on earth would they do
this? I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if there's a part number
we can use over here. Renault have been no joy, and the X-ref on the old pump matches to
the mirror image.... is ther eanother version of the engine where the pipe it connects to
has the port on the other side? THe pump's a perfect match otherwise.

We'd like to get this sorted out by this weekend as our mechanic's back from holiday.

Best Wishes

Martin
#1458 (on behalf of Rich and #2727)