Re: [DML] ETDOC Meeting

And the meets keep getting better and better. Starting off in Knoxville where we had 5 of the cars ran on a dyno; Sean took the top honors with 160 mph. Mine was the only automatic to give it a run, gave it up at 137 with 79 hp...massive there. Of course, it's hard to get a true read on an automatic, but still not real bad on the top end. From there we gave a caravan over to Gatlinburg (no, Smoky Joe made it with absolutely no problems, for everyone who knows the story) We all had a great time that night at dinner, then later on at the pool. Some stayed there, others went their separate ways for the evening, but the next morning it was on; 9 cars converged on the Park Vista (I love the little girl passing by saying "Mommy, why do they all look alike?) There were cars from NC, SC, TN, Va, and I believe I saw one from GA..and one Corvette. But we didn't hold that against him. From there we took down through Gatlinburg where we attempted to get gas. 9 DeLoreans not only created massive stares, but also massive traffic jams. It was not fun to get them all back out in one line, but with a little help from John Weaver blocking the way, soon we were on our merry trip. We stopped for a great group shot (breathtaking, as Aaron described it, is an understatement) and from there on, we hit the dragon.. For anyone who has not experienced it firsthand, the dragon cannot be completely summed in words. This is my second time with the ETDOC going through the dragon, and it's hard on the body, even with an automatic. Going through one banked hairpin turn into a completely reverse angle, for 11 miles. And, as we learned this time around, don't have ANYTHING you don't want to end up in your lap in the front with you. Cameras, cell phone, CDs...yeah, they all ended up in my floorboard. And we lost the corvette there. For a few minutes at least. After a few minutes catching our breath, some of us split off and headed back to NC, (and I almost hit a canadian goose) and the others went back to Knoxville for dinner. Again, I would like to thank Aaron, Sean, and everyone else involved in the planning. These keep getting better and better! Maybe a late summer/ early fall dragon run would be a good idea?

Scott