Door Ajar light stays on all the time...please help

Door Ajar light stays on all the time...please help

Hi everyone..as many of you know, i just replaced my stereo and speakers,
but i now have a nagging problem.

I took my car out for a short run tonight, and noticed that my "Door Ajar"
light stays on all the time. I check the switches on the doors themselves,
and all seems to be good with them. I disconnected the switches, and the
door light STILL stays on.

I did a quick check of wires, and everything seems to be in proper order.

Can anyone tell me what i might have done, or where this short might be
occuring?!!!

I noticed, that the light glows at about 80% illumination when the doors are
closed, and when I open one of the doors, it glows brighter..almost as
though it is making a subtle connection, and then the actual switch makes a
solid connection to complete the circuit.

Please help! It is driving me nuts! (keep in mind that i am not any kind
of mechanic, or electrical wiz, so easy to understand instructions please!)

Thanks!

Kevin Abato
Vin# 18860