Yokohama AVS Intermediates

I just tried ordering some 235 AVS's this past weekend from
Tirerack. Got a call yesterday saying that they are out of stock and
out of production. This stinks. I already have mismatching tires on
my car, but the fronts are still nearly new (were new when I bought
the car) I figured I would get the AVSs put on the back, then
probably by the end of this year those would be quickly worn and the
fronts could use replacing, so I would get 4 matching tires at that
time. Right now, I opted for the Yokohama Avid S/T. Its very
inexpensive, but only T rated which really annoys me. Tirerack's
performance chart showed this tire to be the best short term value
for me. However, the smallest 14" size these tires have is 215/60
14. Oh well, we've been screwed out of an incredibly good tire,
minus the rapid treadwear problem. My order has been placed and
shipped (so dont bother telling me other ideas of getting the AVS's,
I'm too busy AND lazy right now), from here I'll just let the list
know how well these tires work if spring ever comes.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960