floor mats and rattling

ok, i just drove my car for the first time with dmc houston's floor mats in
it. they look great but...is there a seperate shape for automatic cars vs manual... my clutch doesn't go down all the way with the mat in...
anyone had a similar experience?

secondly.
there is a rattling coming from the driver side front of the car... could be
outside or inside. i removed the gas flap and took her for a spin.. still rattled. i glued down the loose weather stripping in the trunk... still rattled. i raise the trunks supports (litte rubber topped nuts on each side) still rattled... could be inside.... any ideas.