Re: Oxygen Sensor & LAMBDA Counter.

Sometimes removing the O2 sensor requires a big wrench and a strong
pull to "encourage" it to loosen. In some cases some exhaust parts are
loose and come off with your fingers, you never know. Since you are at
a service mark (30,000) or a multiple you are also supposed to check
and if neccesary adjust the intake and exhaust valves. Before you
start get 2 valve cover gaskets as they will need to be replaced. In
reality it doesn't seem to do any harm skipping adjusting the valves
as they seem to hold their adjustment well. Do a compression test to
verify. The O2 sensor also seems to last a lot longer than 30,000
miles but the EPA decided that that was the interval that they wanted.
I would use the 30,000 mile mark as the opertunity to do major service
work as that 30,000 was based also on driving approx 10,000 per year.
Replace all fluids, ignition parts, fuel parts, test electrical
system, etc. BTW be careful with the Anti-seize. Make sure it is ONLY
on the threads, not the sensor itself as it could become contaminated.
A little bit goes a long way!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757