Oxygen Sensor & LAMBDA Counter.

Las week I replaced my old Oxygen Sensor, and reset the LAMBDA
counter. By everything I've seen with other posts, I was prepared for
a hard task. Quite the opposite. This has been quite possibly the
easiest repair I've ever done. The Oxygen Sensor came out with a
slight tug from a cresent wrench. A little anti seize compound on the
threads, and the new one went in. Fishing the wire thru the chassis
and into the ECU compartment was a breeze. If you pull the plug
inwards, out of the hole, you can dis/reconnect the Sensor wire very
quickly.

The LAMBDA counter was fairly simple as well. I disconnected the
upper & lower speedo cables, the electrical wires for both the
counter, and the inertia switch (wrong place, I know). Remove the two
bolts that hold the bracket, and simply pull. A pair of needle nose
pliers, and the counter was reset. I was even able to lube up the
lower speedo cable with some lithium grease after I accidently pulled
it out. Even though I had to move my car with the cables disconnected
to get more comfortable position, everything then reconnected almost
as easily as it came apart.

Just thought I would share my expierence with everyone here on the
list. Admittedly, I was a bit intimidated by what I've read from
other posts. I had a propane torch on hand just in case. Although I
did let the car idle for about 2-3 minutes before I climbed
underneath. But it was for the most part a simple task. And ever
since, my gas milage has improved tremedously!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"