Re: [DML] The DMC as a Classic

Great thoughts Ken. Personally I think people will *always* be driving the DeLorean and it will never be a mostly museum classic car. After all, when you live in California you see people driving *all* types of old cars they have fixed up, and since the majority of DeLoreans seem to have been kept in better condition than most other classics/collectors, I can *easily* see many DeLoreans still on the road and being driven everyday in another 20 years.

But you are right, it is absolutely destined to be a classic, even with the bad press that it sometimes gets. After all, other classics have had to deal with that too, but that doesn't stop many people from liking and wanting them. I think the DeLorean will have even more people wanting them because it still has such broad appeal, from the teenager to the older car collector. And as Generation X ages and grows closer to the typical car collector age, I think you will see many of them wanting to get *the* car from their childhood/teenage years in the 1980s. That car is clearly the DeLorean.

Richard