Tight Steering.

Last night I broke out the grease gun, and lubed up the front
steering knuckels. Wow, what an improvement! The steering
wheel has so much less resistance to it! Quick manuvers at low
speeds are much easier, and when accelerating, the car now
has a quicker tendancy to correct itself back into a straight line.
High speeds are nice too. @ 100+mph, the car now feels like it
has more stable control. It just glides now down the highway!

Occasionally I've seen postings about some people who have
thought about power steering for their cars. Try lubing the front,
and you may just see quite a diffferance!

I just thought that I might share this with the group to help out
others. One note though is to buy a good grease. The "bargan"
lubricants @ Wal Mart all say that they are Parafin based, while
the quality stuff @ the auto store is Lithium based. I would
imagine that Parafin (wax) would melt pretty quickly on those
front wheels...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"