Customizing a DeLorean

Group,

Well, I am finally back on the list and about to purchase another DeLorean, having sold my first one a few years ago. Here are some questions for you veteran DeLorean owners. Please don't hate me for asking these questions!!! I know many of you are purists!

I want to customize my next DeLorean:

1. Updating engine - DMC Houston can take care of that...but any other ideas?

2. Suspension - lowering the car is nice...any recommendations on shock and struts (or any other improved suspension components???

3. Brakes - any ideas here??? Larger cross-drilled rotors? Any sizes or brands?

4. Electrical updates - aside from the Zillas, any ideas for improving the Lucas design?

5. Exhaust - IMPORTANT!!! Any idea of a borla or performace set up???

6. Air Intake - any K&N filters or cool-flo intakes???

7. Wheels - I want larger wheels and tires (especially in the front) 17inch wheels??? and wider tires. Has anyone tackled this one??? I want greater roadability and looks!!!

8. The question you will all hate - is there a method for painting a DeLorean??? Doesn't it involve acid etching or prep??? if anyone has done this let me know.

9. Cooling system - any low temp switches or thermostats available??? HD radiators??? KEEP THAT ENGINE COOL!!!

I am very interested in sharing info on any ideas for making the DeLorean "better". Obviously, it is already a great car...I just want to update it more and make it more like the sports car it wants to be!!! Let me know if any of you have ideas and / or are interested in discussing ideas!!! Thanks a lot and it is good to be back!!!

Best Wishes,
Sean Spurlock
-formerly VIN 7003