Re: [DML] too cool cooling, stuck thermostat?!

I have been thinking of instaling the "over heat protector as advertised on some vendor sites and detaled on the DMCnews tech page. I was just wondering what others who have used this think about it. Is it true that once installed you never need to air bleed the coolant system again? Also, when instaling the barb into where the air bleed valve goes, is it necesary to use some type of anti-cease compound?

thanks, Adam

From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] too cool cooling, stuck thermostat?!
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:04:44 +0000

Surely if the thermostat was stuck the fans would run non-stop? Do they cut in and out properly?

Mine's running pretty cool too at the moment - the fans have cut in once since I've had the car running (November), and that was after a good 15 minutes idling when already warm. Temperatures have ranged from 0-12 degrees C (typical British weather!)

Martin

moderator@xxxx