Re: Lifting rear of DeLorean

If you support the rear of the car there be careful as when you let
the weight of the car down onto the jackstands they will move outward
as the wheels move up. Also position the jackstands carefuly so that
they don't hit the inside of the tires as the car settles onto the
jackstands. I use a rag on a floor jack to lift the car in the rear
but for the front a short piece of 2x4 behind the crumple zone to
spread out the weight. The mounting point for the rear shocks is
strong enough but it takes a little positioning to get the jackstands
set so the are not hitting the tires and aren't wobbly. I don't think
you will be able to do it properly with blocks unless you remove the
tires.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear List members:
>
> Is the bracket onto which the rear shock absorber is mounted strong
enough to hold up the weight of a DeLorean? I believe this bracket is
part of what is called the rear hub carrier. I want to raise the back
half of my car (VIN 6467) and would like to either lift it by placing