HID headlight wiring

When working on the car, (such as when removing the front fascia) is it ever
necessary to unplug the headlamp harness (part # 100536) from the main
harness (part # 100535)? Or are these connections present only to make it
easier to assemble the car for the first time?

The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to run additional power feeds
for the HID headlight ballasts. If there is no need to put a plug here,
then I will just make it a continuous run. But if I later need to remove
the fascia, I don't want to have to cut any wires because of my HID
installation.

For those who care to know, the kit has a wiring harness pre-assembled so
that the control relays & bridge diode are located in the front of the car.
This is fine for a front engine car with the battery located under the hood.
But in the case with the DeLorean, it makes more sense to locate the relays
in the relay compartment and run two power feeds (one for each headlight
ballast) to the front of the car. (Meanwhile my passenger door is
completely apart while I reinstall my window.)

Walt Tampa, FL