Re: [DML] RE: trailing arm bolt incident

Re: [DML] RE: trailing arm bolt incident

Just to add my 2p on the TAB subject...

Since first getting #1458 running, I have had a couple of serious scares when the back
end seemed to have a mind of its own. I finally got the car on the 4-post ramp three
weeks ago, and together with new tyres (Pirelli P600 back, P6000 front), and torqueing
the TABs, the car feels completely different. One was fine, the other required only 2
turns to take it to the correct setting. Neither were bent. It is incredible how much
difference a slightly loose bolt makes to the handling.

I had the fortune to be able to drive James Grant's automatic on Saturday, and it was
sooooo easy to unstick the back end - just as mine was prior to checking the TAB's. He
has never checked them, and we ran out of time on Saturday. He also drove my car and
noted how much more tight it is on corners.

On this subject, what is the accepted method of easily getting to the TABs on an auto to
torque them?

Best Wishes

Martin