Re: [DML] Re: Novice Maintenance Questions

Re: [DML] Re: Novice Maintenance Questions

David,

As always you have given lots of useful and accurate information concerning
this subject. I would like add a comment on the suggestion to flush and
refill the clutch fluid. It has been my experience over the years that
adding new clutch fluid to an old system will accelerate the failure of
seals in one or both cylinders.

I would suggest that if the system cylinders are original or the fluid has
not been changed in over 5 years that both master and slave be replaced. The
clutch cylinders will usually leak prior to failure giving the owner some
time to take action. New owners working on a budget can move the clutch
cylinders further down the list of improvements you have suggested.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxx
www.dmc.tv
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore