Re: [DML] Novice Maintenance Questions

In a message dated 1/18/02 3:16:21 PM Central Standard Time,
govenorofvirginia@xxxx writes:

> 1 - what kind of oil should I use?
> 2 - Where can I get the right kind of filter?
> 3 - Can Jiffy Lube handle an oil change? (I really do

Hello,

since i am an assistant manager at Jiffy Lube, i think i can answer your
questions! just look at your owners manual for what type of oil to use. you
can use 5w30, 10w30, and 10w40 for most types of weather conditions (and it
is easy to find). i buy mobil 10w40. works for me!

if you want to go to jiffy lube, you shouldn't have a problem. but you will
want to bring your own oil filter because we don't normally carry the correct
one. Jiffy Lube has no problem if you bring your own filter. we can order
one for you but you will have to wait for a while as someone at an auto parts
store brings one and then it might not be the exact filter you want. so just
bring your own from a vendor! Jiffy Lube only has 5w30, 10w30, and 15w40,
however any of those weights are actually ok. probably go with 10w30 since
15w40 has an extra charge since it's only in bottles.

as for the drain plug, we have the right tool. it's actually used for
imports which have transfer case or differential drain plugs. happens to be
what the delorean drain plug needs! it will be funny though - at first they
will want to open the 'hood'!! then they're find out the engine is in the
back! you will want to tell them how to open the engine compartment
correctly since i would never want someone who doens't know what they are
doing to try to open the engine cover when they don't know where the release
is!!

good luck!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx