Re: No Spark

To: Mike and the List.

It's possible, but as they say, not very likely that your "no
spark" is caused by a non-functioning IGNITION MODULE part number
101055 in the parts catalog. You say you don't have a parts
catalog? Sure you do. You can look up any part number at:
www.delorean.com
www.pjgrady.com
And there are several other great DeLorean parts vendors on the net.
A fellow Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club member (Bob Greco) had
a no spark problem too. And it was determined to be the IGNITION
MODULE. I drove my DeLorean to Bob's house and we swapped IM's.
Well, would you take a look at that. Now my D won't start and his
does.
But, before swapping IM's we tried swapping the resistor and
that didn't solve his no spark problem.
I can only hope you have someone near by and nice enough to let
you swap parts. Or if not. Then take some volt readings (with the
ignition in the on position) at the resistor, coil and wherever to
compare notes with a good running D.
You can view Bob Greco's great running D at:
www.dragonlight.net/delorean.htm
It just happens to be up for sale.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN 2261
OUTATYM

P.S. You say, where the heck is the IGNITION MODULE? It's hiding on
the underside of the black metal plate on the parcel shelf behind the
drivers seat. First remove the two bolts holding down the metal
plate. Then remove the four screws attaching the IM to the metal
plate, and unplug.