DeLorean Commercials.

Originally, the TV spots for the DeLorean were given to the
dealerships themselves. It was apart of the whole media kit
handed out. Included of course were the clip-art images for
news paper ads, along with a few templete ads as well.
Everything paper came in the binder. There are two
commercials. The short "Live the Dream" ad, and the longer one
which shows the car in motion, and has a couple of interior
shots, and is more detailed. Both of the commercials however
were delivered on magnetic tape reels, NOT 16mm film.

If you want to find originals, your best best would be to contact
the original dealerships. This can be hard because they've
changed hands since. Like the one in Reno, NV, they've
changed 3 times since, and are on their 4th owner.

Of course you can check with your local television stations, but I
seriously doubt you'll find anything there. A few years ago, I
called KNBC in Los Angeles, and spoke with the programing
dept. As was told to me, they will only keep reels for
commercials & shows for only so long. And then they are
destroyed. The man on the phone reccomended to me that I
contact the either the producers (for TV shows), or the
Advertising Firm and/or the company itself for copies of their
commercials (for advertisments).

If someone were to make copies of the ad to sell, DVD would be
the best choice. Quality doesn't deteriorate over time, and it is
the qucikest, and cheapest media to mass produce for
someone working out of their home. Of course at this point you
would need a Macintosh G4 Quicksilver box w/a Superdrive to do
this. And that is no cheap investment. It's one of the more
expensive PC's on the market. But it would be worth it with the
simplistic software for quick results.

To be honest though, I think that online archives would be the
best idea. Differant people can host the files online, and you
could create a webring to link everyone together.

If you want to stop dilution of the values of DeLorean
memorabilia, stop buying the hack stuff on eBay. If someone
designs a poster, or creates some sort of artwork, that's one
thing. But I for one get tired of seeing someone simply write
"DMC" on a clock, or those god-awful street signs.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"