Re: Heated Door Struts?

This should not be all that far-fetched. They have used these on
minivan tailgates for years. Without torsion bars, and that's one
heavy door. The only thing I can think of that may cause a problem
with this is that the struts on the DeLorean are relatively short,
i.e. not much room to work in. The struts on a Chrysler minivan, by
comparison, are the same diameter but at least twice the length. The
temperature compensation of these is excellent, they work the same no
matter what the temperature and, in my case, have been doing so for
six years. Too bad they won't fit the DMC.

Something for the vendors to toss at whomever is making the door
struts.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
I propose, and I guess you can put this on the "wish list", a
> temperature compensated strut for the doors. It makes a lot more
sense
> than trying to heat them or adjusting the torsion bars twice a
year.